Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Prego pics and a few words on being a momma...

I finally posted some pics for you all to enjoy. It's tricky getting a halfway decent photo of the belly without highlighting the three chins that I currently have. I thought about posting some headless shots, but I didn't think that would fly. So, here are a few at the nearly 7 month (and plus thirty pounds) mark.
Okay, I'm nearly 28 years old and so clearly well into my child bearing prime, so can somebody tell me why I still feel so unprepared for this?
Although this baby was not exactly planned, it was not exactly unplanned either. I guess we sort of thought that we'd been together for 10 years, so it was probably time to get the ball rolling. We wanted to give ourselves some time in the event of a possible biological malfunction. So, we decided to roll the dice. . . and it sure did not take very long at all. . .
Now don't get me wrong. I've always wanted to be a mom. It just wasn't at the top of my list. And now that the doodle can't be undid, I can't stop thinking about all of the things that I haven't done yet or won't be able to do any more. I know it's dreadfully selfish (I don't have to feel as bad because I am typing this instead of saying it out loud, so he can't hear me).
I can attribute much of this anxiety to my dear niece and nephew. Sethie and Mia are two of my greatest loves, and that is in great part because of the fact that I can hand them back over after a few hours. Watching my sis, I've come to learn the huge demands of parenthood. At least Brittany can drop the babies off at my mom's any day of the week for some reprieve. I will not be so lucky, unless it's bad enough to ship him on a plane.
So to my dear baby, I am sorry. I'm sure that once I can smooch your cute face it will all be more than worth it, but until then I am going to continue to lament the carefree life I once lived.

5 comments:

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

Marc--You are hilarious! I think that a lot of women feel the exact way you are feeling....they just don't dare talk about it like you do. I appreciate your honesty and I will meet you half way and take the little guy off your hands anytime :)

Nick and Megan said...

Im trying my hardest to get me and meggers down there so you can have a babysitter. Even if I don't I will still drive halfway for that little Baby Destroyer

The Bell Fam said...

Okay, so I must say that I did go into parenthood blindly (well, somewhat blindly). But the rest of my poor siblings, don't have that same luxury. I am sorry guys. You know exactly what you are getting into....late nights, early mornings, screaming fits, poor restaurant etiquette, a house that never seems to stay clean with 2 little tornadoes right behind me undoing everything I've just done and more, endless patience, etc. etc. But there are also the late night snuggles, when they first say "I love you mommy", laughing with you, making you laugh, Halloween is just so much more fun...add Christmas, Easter and every other holiday to that. In fact, I would say that life is so much more fun. You have to make every little thing fun for them, so you enjoy everything so much more as a result.

It is worth it...both having kids and worrying about having kids! Just don't lose sleep over it...you will do plenty of that later.

Love you LOTS!

Britt

The Shill Spill said...

And even those things definitely change in life after having a cute little bundled miracle...you can still take the time to be the person you want to be. (Because, heaven knows we need our own time outs...to miss our babyies, and be the type of good (or better) mommy's we always want to be.
I can't see you but being the best mommy ever Marcie! I sure miss you guys and will definitely feel it more when next summer rolls around. I can't wait to see more of you all on your cute blog. (So glad I found you!) Have a wonderful day!

Angie said...

Marci take it from me....you will always dream of the times when you can do whatever you want and are free to nap or read a good book. BUT the fact is the baby is worth it and you are absolutely right kissing the cute face will be the cure all! It is normal to get nastalgic for the less responsible of times but I assure you you will find a way to have a mix of both in your life