Sunday, October 19, 2008



FUTURE DR. MORTENSEN
The white coat ceremony
A couple of weeks ago we attended Nate's white coat ceremony. Both of our families came down from Salt Lake (we have the greatest and most supportive families we could ever ask for), and crammed into our little two bedroom apartment for the weekend. It was such a cool experience. I'm so proud of Nate for everything that he has been able to accomplish so far, and all that he sets out to accomplish. I know that he is going to be such an amazing physician. Anyone that knows Nate knows that he puts all of his heart into everything that he does (he lives by the words of the great Ricky Bobby "if you're not first, you're last"). This is certainly no different. He's always telling me that he feels such enormous pressure because he knows that people's lives are going to be in his hands one day soon, and he owes it to those people to be the best. So, keep truckin' babe! You're almost there, only 30,960 more hours to go!

5 comments:

Heather and Rich said...

Wow!!! We are soooo proud of you, Nathaniel!! Rich wants to know how many mustard stains you have on your white coat from watching Tom n Jerry. Way to go, man, and Marci thanks so much for bloggin' so we can keep up with you guys! Hope all is well!!

The Shill Spill said...

Congrats to you Nate...and to you Marci..especially, for supporting your husband in his greatest wishes and desires! You guys are amazing! Hope you are well!
Good work!

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

I wish we could have been there! All this hard work will pay off and be over before you know it! Congratulations!

Chris said...

That is so awesome! Tell Nate that he can be my doctor anyday, well he might do something to me cause I'm a Red Sox fan so maybe not! We miss you here at Fashion Square Drive, hopefully things are going well for you in Vegas.

Ben and Natalie said...

Hey Marc! I found your blog through Nick's so I hope you don't mind. I have not seen you since your wedding. I hope that we can keep in touch through blogging now. :) Good to "see" you

-Natalie Jacobs Summerhays