Sunday, February 13, 2011

My greatest loves

(disclaimer: although it may look otherwise, nobody was injured in the making of this card)
Who needs chocolate anyways!

I have to give a big shout out today to my guys...my three greatest loves. Here are the top ten reasons that I LOVE that you are mine and I am yours:)


I LOVE that because of you, I get two of the best names ever....wife and mama.

I LOVE that my future looks bright and cheerful with you in it.

I LOVE that no matter how bad a day I had yesterday, today always starts out with a kiss from my handsome hubby, a cooing blue eyed beauty in the crib, and a "hi mommy" from the sweet toddler climbing up to snuggle me in bed. Nothing like a fresh start.

I LOVE that there is never a dull moment. Ever!

I LOVE that date night is just as fun eating hamburgers on the floor with the kiddos while watching Despicable Me, as it is when we get a night out on the town.

I LOVE that I could never have dreamed that life could be as good as it is.

I LOVE that none of you judge me when I go to bed in the exact same get up and hairdo as when I woke up that morning.

I LOVE that you make me strive to be a better person each and every day.

I LOVE that because of you I will never take life or health (or teeth:)) for granted.

I LOVE that you open my heart and strengthen my spirit more and more each day.


XOXO

p.s. Today is DAY 1 of the 365 challenge.
This means that I am challenging myself to take at least one photo every day for the next year (inspired by my friend Emily). This is to better document the mundane little nuggets of every day life, and as always to improve my photographic skills. These will be photos of the kids, but also of my life, my surroundings, my "real" photo shoots, or whatever floats my boat. I will try to use my good camera most of the time, but I maintain the right to also use my point and shoot or i-phone for the sake of convenience and ease. Yes, I will blog at least one photo from every day, but no, this does not mean I will blog every day. It does mean that I will blog more often to keep up on the photos. By this time next year I hope to be a better photographer, but also to have a cherished book of memories, and the gift to myself of seeing something through to the end.

3 comments:

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

I LOVE this post!
PS--try try try to come to DC with us if we go! It will not be the same without you!
:)-kels

Emily Kate said...

LOVE the first photo of Gray! So happy you're doing the 365 challenge. I got messed up trying to keep up with that "Joy of Love" challenge on top of it so I'm back to my regular 365. Once you get in the habit it's not so bad. Unless you get way behind on editing like I do!

Jane said...

Marci . . . I LOVED your list! and I can't wait to see your photos. Plus . . . I can just hear the "mommydaddymommydaddy" as I am reading along. Gotta love the little "DESTROYER"