Monday, May 10, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

We had a big Cinco de Mayo party at our house on Friday night. We hosted with Nick and Megan, which was super fun because we got to meet a bunch of their friends and vice versa. We had a great turn out. My dad made us a sweet Mexican fiesta mix for ambience, which always reminds me of summer barbecues in my grandma and grandpa's backyard. Nate and Nick made Carne Asada on the bbq. All of our friends brought amazing salsas and desserts. In the craziness, I may or may not have forgotten to feed my child. I busted him stealing food off someone's plate, and every time I looked at him he had another margarita in his hands. We like to start them early:) It was a good time.
The first of many swinging lessons.

Sawyer was really good at hitting the pinata. Someone must have told him it was full of candy.

The kids collecting their loot.

3 comments:

rondatrujillo said...

Ohhhhh it looks so fun. Dad and I were so jealous!!

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

What? A Cinco de Mayo party without me? How rude---I wanted to come :) I really tried to talk Isaac into a last minute trip to LV. He was the party pooper that held me back....Looks like fun though!

Heather and Rich said...

ok so we just barely saw your post about the second Mortensen ON THE WAY!!!!!!! Wahoooooo!!! Congrats you guys! We had NO idea!! We couldn't be more excited for you guys - we can't believe it! We will be giving you a call very soon. Miss you :)